| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science. The position is located at Urbauer Hall. This position is for the Danforth Campus in the School of Engineering & Applied Science.
Carry out independent experiments under the supervision of the PI on a project that aims to investigate arterial mechanical behavior in mouse models of human disease.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates ordering and stocking of lab supplies and reagents.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist PI in training undergraduate and graduate students on experimental techniques.
- Assures compliance with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in biology, engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with biochemical techniques and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Prior research experience in biomedical engineering or cell biology/physiology research lab; small animal handling (i.e., rodents); soft tissue mechanics; histological analysis of cells and tissues; basic statistics.
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
The hiring range for this position is $13.79 - $18.62 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.