Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Diagnostic Sonographer \(1\.0, Days\) to work for the Ultrasound Department at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Diagnostic Sonographer is responsible for providing patient care services using the latest scanning technology for general and OB studies\. Our sonographers work with the Physicians for each patient exam in a collaborative, team environment\.
In this position you will:
- Perform a variety of sonographic examinations dealing with OB/GYN, abdominal and small parts\.
- Make clinical judgments of the patient's condition, based on information obtained from the referring physician, medical records, patient interview, and personal assessments\.
- Assist the radiologist during invasive procedures\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from an accredited Ultrasound training program
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer \(RDMS\) in Abdomen and OB/GYN\. If new graduate, must become registered in Abdomen and OB/GYM within 1 year of hire date
- Experience as an Ultrasound Technologist or Ultrasound Intern
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Understands and effectively operates all pieces of equipment utilized within the scope of this job
About the First Hill Campus:
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 154082