Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Patient Placement Specialist to join our growing Resource team\!
Shift Details: Part time, 0\.75\. 10 hour evening shifts\. May include weekends\.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program required\.
- Computer \(windows environment\) experience required\.
- Experience in a variety of software applications with an emphasis in word processing and data entry required\.
- Current Washington State RN Licensure required\.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required\.
- Two years recent, acute care nursing experience preferred\.
- Bi\-lingual or multi\-lingual skills preferred\.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Patient Placement Specialist you are responsible for placement of all patient transfers\-in, direct admits, and Emergency Department admits to Kadlec Medical Centerand facilitates acceptance of patients to Providence St\. Mary's Medical Center\.
- Interacts with physicians referring patients to KRMC usually via telephone\.
- Takes initial physician admission orders for patient placement by telephone prompting physician, as necessary, for orders pertinent to patient's diagnosis\.
- Places patients appropriately using unit admission criteria\.
- Works in close collaboration with the Patient Care Supervisor \(PCC\), staffing assistants and Charge Nurses\.
- Participates in and/or leads patient placement meetings\.
- Communicates with the Emergency Department, the Hospitalists, Intensivists, and specialists as it pertains to admissions and transfers\.
- Facilitates physician to physician communication and identification of appropriate accepting physician, as necessary for transfers\-in\.
- Verifies bed availability and other resources prior to accepting patient; complying with pertinent COBRA regulations\.
- Keeps log of all inquiries for transfers\-in, including admits, non\-admits and denials\.
- Provides follow\-up information to providers at referring facilities regarding patient's transfer to KRMC\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Provide safe compassionate care\. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way\. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration\.
Located in sunny Tri\-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non\-profit healthcare provider in the region\. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting\-edge technology and innovation with evidence\-based, patient\-focused care\. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree \(Planetree\.org\) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer"\. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law\. EOE\.To learn more, click here: http://www\.kadlec\.org/careers/about\-kadlec
Job Category: Nursing \- Other
Req ID: 150581