Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to Radiology, (Shift, 0.0) at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, Washington
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to care for patients undergoing diagnostic imaging or imaging treatment.
In this position you will:
- Provide safe, effective nursing care during pre-admit, intra-procedure and recovery.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care needs and collaborate with the members of the health care team.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire.
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Active Washington state RN license
- (required resuscitation courses by assigned unit and time frames) Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire. Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Radiology Registered Nurse (CRN)
- One year recent Radiology experience in acute care or free standing facility
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Special Procedures Nursing
Req ID: 146576