Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) at Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
We are seeking a skilled and knowledgeable Medical/Surgical Registered Nurse (RN) who is dedicated to providing nursing care to a diverse group of patients. This is a 0.9 FTE (36 hours per week), night shift position.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care needs for patients with a variety of medical or surgical conditions.
- Demonstrate strong teaching and communication skills with patients, family members, and multidisciplinary medical professionals.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire.
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Active Washington state RN license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire.
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Recent Medical/Surgical RN experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
Req ID: 142632