Providence is calling a Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Cardiology, Full time, Night shift to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- If the Registered Nurse holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact, the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Nursing degree/diploma
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree or higher within 3 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Any previously agreed upon effective date for obtaining a Bachelor's degree in nursing between individual and facility will remain in effect
- Any collective bargaining contract with specific time frames for obtaining a bachelor's degree in nursing will supersede the above point and will remain in effect
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at the facility
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association ( AHA ), American Red Cross ( ARC ), or Military Training Network ( MTN ) upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center,Torrance is proud to be recognized as a Magnet® Designated Hospital. We are the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
Req ID: 149982