Providence is calling a Clinical Dietitian to the Nutritional Services Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Clinical Dietitian provides assessment of medical nutrition therapy needs based upon the patient's medical diagnosis, laboratory values, anthropometric measures, medications, age-specific requirements, and other co-morbidity factors identified by the Registered Dietitian or other members of the health care team.
In this position you will:
- Develop, implement, and manage an individualized, interdisciplinary team plan of care designed to achieve maximum nutrition support.
- Counsel and educate patient/family in the application of medical nutrition therapy principles when appropriate.
- Make appropriate referrals to other members of the health care team to optimize outpatient care and follow-up.
- Function as an advocate for nutrition care for the acutely ill hospitalized patient; a consultant to medical staff; and a nutrition consultant in the community when contracted or requested across the continuum of care.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science in Food and Nutrition or related field.
- Successful completion of a dietetic internship program.
- Continuing education in accordance with policies determined by the Commission for Dietetic Registration for maintenance of registered status.
- Current registration as a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Licensure in accordance with the laws of the State of Alaska.
- BLS required within 90 days of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year clinical experience.
Note: Dietetic Graduates who are registration eligible (having completed a dietetic internship program as specified in education) may be employed for up to six months pending taking the registration exam offered through the American Dietetic Association's Commission on Dietetic Registration. A Dietetics Graduate must complete all the competencies assigned to a Registered Dietitian, and may perform all the functions of a Registered Dietitian with indirect supervision. A Dietetics Graduate must pass the Registration examination offered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration within 6 months of employment. Dietetic Graduates are expected to obtain licensure immediately following certification.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nutrition / Dietary (non licensed)
Req ID: 153028