Providence is calling a Director of Surgical Services to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
This position comes with a $15,000 sign-on bonus and relocation. Ask us about our Tuition Assistance program ($4,500 per year) and Tuition Loan Forgiveness program ($4,000 per year for 5 years).
The Director will perform in a dual role as Operations Director and Nursing Director for Surgical Services at PAMC that includes the Pre-op Clinic, Ambulatory Surgery Unit, Pain Clinic, Operating Room, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, and Endoscopy.
In this position you will:
- Formulate strategy, implement strategic plans, develop and ensure attainment of operating goals and objectives consistent with the strategic objectives and policies established by PH&S and PAMC.
- Be responsible for the overall operational, financial and business effectiveness, and be accountable for leading patient care areas, services, and programs that contribute to safe, timely, effective, efficient and equitable patient and family centered care.
- Be responsible for the implementation of the organizations mission, philosophy, core values, and vision, exercising independent judgment with overall accountability for clinical and operational issues for assigned area. Achieving and nurturing a Magnet Culture is a priority.
- Facilitate the delivery of patient care in a compassionate and ethical manner according to recognized standards and care model.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Master's degree - If Master's degree is not in nursing it must be obtained by December 2018
- Unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska upon hire
- Specialty certification(s), AORN, AONC, and ANCC
- Five (5) years of experience in health care operations
- Five (5) years in a leadership role
- Experience in service line growth, development, and databases
- Experience in strategic planning and organizational assessment
- Highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills
Preferred qualifications include:
- AORN or Nurse Executive Leadership certifications required within 12 months of hire
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state, and is a 401 bed hospital with 17 ORs including a hybrid OR, robotics, and open heart surgery. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 150891